I have almost abandoned my holiday wardrobe dreams, but luckily my machine arrived yesterday evening. Yes, I am a proud Bernina user!
But, well, I need to catch up on my holiday wardrobe. The flight is on Saturday, I have no day off 'til then and my plans to finish several garments and leather gloves for my husband need dramatic modification.
I did finish one skirt - done completely by hand. Now I do need a blouse or top to go with it. I went through my neatly archived vintage patterns and found this Advance 6068 Sew-Easy pattern.
My plan is to make it from a dark navy silk organza and line it with nude silk chiffon.
It would be probably faster to do it without lining and use facing only, but I wanted to give this top some body and finish the armhole and neck openings using decorative binding from the same silk charmeuse.
The size on the pattern is smaller than what I needed, but after measuring the pattern I decided to try it on muslin before making any alterations. I haven't changed a millimeter. Judge yourself:
I don't think I need to alter anything, it looks pretty good. That means I may finish this one in time.