Our original inspiration, the Burberry skirt:
Number 1 is a similar skirt pattern by the Dutch Knipmode magazine:
- Our original skirt doesn't have a yoke on the back and is longer (knee-length).
- The flounce on the original ends all the way in the back princess seam.
- The original flounce is not as full as on the Knipmode skirt, and it varies in length.
Also, I would prefer using - as in the original skirt - princess seams on the front and on the back. They make the construction process easier and you won't depend on the dart length for the flounce placement.
PRINCESS SEAM PENCIL SKIRT PATTERNS
online PDF patterns, English instructions, print on letter-size paper
- Burdastyle Princess Seam Pencil Skirt 04/2012 #118 (for A-4-size paper, follow this link: Zum Schnitt) - this is a high-waisted skirt and you will need to remove the section above the waistline.
- Burdastyle Plus Size: 10/2011 Plus size wool pencil skirt #136A (A4-size paper Bleistiftrock - Plusgröße)
You can, in fact, use any princess seam skirt pattern. I recommend Burdastyle because the fit is usually very good. As always, ask questions and suggest other patterns. Feel free to post images and discuss the patterns on our Flickr Group board.
This week, stay tuned to the Measurements post, as well as more on our inspiration file.